Our Mission– GCE develops real estate and performs a continuum of real estate services focused on urban areas in need of community renewal located in the Southeastern United States, with a special focus on coastal areas threatened by climate change. Our projects are profitable, and they result in economically vital, environmentally superior spaces that are healthy and exciting for their users.
Our Vision– GCE succeeds at our mission because we:
- Apply a triple-bottom-line requirement to all of our projects
- Are ambitious, but also aware of what is feasible in the short term
- Respond to the needs of the communities in which we work
- Seek long-term partnering relationships with our vendors and service providers, valuing quality and character over price considerations
- Take advantage of new technologies and work from a science-driven approach wherever possible
- Attempt to directly address poverty via real estate practices
- Hire carefully, selecting employees that share our commitment and helping them develop their skills and talents to the utmost.
Our Values – We emphasize the following values in our work, and these values are expressed in the way the company is managed: