GCE Services is hiring!!!
By Green Coast on 1 Sep 2015
GCE Services, a leading energy and environmental consulting firm, is seeking a talented and energetic individual with a background in HERS rating, construction, HVAC installation or related field for the position of Building Energy Consultant and HERS Rater. The candidate would work on projects that promote energy efficiency, conservation, green building and sustainability. Responsibilities include providing energy modeling, field testing, inspections and other energy efficiency consulting services to building owners and developers.
Among the responsibilities of the position are the following:
• Managing ENERGY STAR, LEED-H and Enterprise Green Communities certifications for builder and developer clients
• Conduct field inspections and testing for Single and Multi-family House projects
• Work on developing and evaluating innovations and new technologies for moving buildings to greater levels of energy performance
• Conduct building simulation, system monitoring and evaluation
• Participate with a team of professionals to promote energy efficiency and sustainability
We are looking for a candidate with minimum 1 year experience. Candidates should have some or most of the skills listed below:
• RESNET HERS Rater and LEED Green Rater certification highly desirable
• Familiarity with building science and diagnostics (i.e., envelope and duct pressurization testing, thermal imaging, etc.)
• Strong attention to detail; ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Software experience, particularly energy modeling (REM/Rate, eQuest, BEopt, Energy Plus, PHPP) and MS Office Suite
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Familiarity with residential and multifamily building construction, especially thermal enclosure and HVAC systems
• Good communication skills, particularly writing and presentations
• Familiarity with data logging equipment and data analysis
• Some familiarity with Hot and Humid climates
If you thrive on a full schedule, enjoy new challenges, seek innovative solutions and appreciate working with a talented team of professionals, please contact us. Compensation consists of salary, an excellent benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid premiums on health care.
SUBMIT A RESUME AND A BRIEF COVER LETTER
Categories: Company News