Now Hiring for a Finance Manager
By Green Coast on 28 Oct 2014
Green Coast Enterprises develops real estate and provides real estate services to the Southeastern United States, focusing on urban and coastal areas in need of community renewal. We operate in four segments of the real-estate universe through multiple legal vehicles and financial relationships. We are a high-performance, collegial company whose members are smart, focused and outcome-oriented, work with integrity and respect each other.
Why? Realizing that traditional real estate practices are not sufficient to meet the challenges faced by urban and coastal areas in the Southeast, we set out to reshape the approach to infrastructure development in the region. We develop properties and advise clients to create exciting, economically viable places and increase the durability and resilience of buildings and building systems.
What? Green Coast develops and manages residential and commercial real estate. To do so we identify properties, find tenants and other uses for them, arrange financing to build or rehabilitate the buildings and manage construction. When they are occupied, we manage the properties. We have noticed that the quality of asset management and tenant responsiveness is often poor. This gives us the opportunity to differentiate ourselves by providing a high level of service to our tenants.
We also consult with other developers and building owners, managers and tenants to improve their buildings’ performance in the hot, humid climate of the Southeast. With 50 years of combined experience, our team identifies actionable measures that property managers can take to reduce utility expenditures and improve comfort. With potentially millions of dollars of untapped savings at our fingertips, we help our clients’ bottom line while reducing their environmental footprint.
Through our Green Coast Realty affiliate, we help home and building owners and buyers find the right spaces for their needs, with an emphasis on sensible solutions that make their buildings more efficient and resilient.
How? We pursue opportunities that address community needs, including social inequity and economic stagnation, and seek to foster strong relationships with tenants and neighbors. We develop partnerships with public, private, non-profit, and community organizations to further our common goals.
We pursue opportunities that advance the triple bottom line of “people, planet, and profit” striving to increase economic vitality, environmental health, and social opportunity through development. We believe that these goals go hand-in-hand and are essential to the effectiveness of our projects.
We build our team by carefully selecting employees who share a commitment to our mission and demonstrate integrity, intelligence, innovation, and impact. We help our employees reach their full potential by developing their skills and talents to the utmost.
We are seeking exceptional staff members to support projects that meet our triple bottom line standards. The Finance Manager contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for the organization and its affiliates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Manager’s job is to maintain the company’s financial information to meet a number of business goals, and to establish and maintain productive relationships with the people who use the information, including the company’s principals, our vendors and clients, lenders and bankers, auditors and regulators. To do so the Manger performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Establish key financial protocols to enhance business profitability
- Develop and/or refine accounting procedures to increase efficiency
- Align internal accounting practices with external reporting requirements, including local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Implement internal controls for newly-created, affiliated development and investment entities
- Manage budget preparation and compare budgets to actual expenditures over time, making adjustments in collaboration with principals as necessary
- Manage Construction In Progress (CIP) accounting across multiple projects and entities, ranging in size from $200,000 to $35 million. Align CIP accounting policies with State and Federal Historic Tax Credit (HTC) cost certification requirements to maximize HTC equity contributions
- Maintain accurate records of revenues and expenses that comply with lender and investor due-diligence requirements. Ensure financial reports are prepared and delivered on time
- Collaborate with auditors to complete tax credit certifications, annual audits and taxes in a timely manner. Issue 1099s and W-2s
- Ensure timely payment of vendors and lenders and, together with the managers, invoice and collect revenues from customers
- Properly allocate expenses to correct project and/or entity
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Reconcile all accounts. Review financial data for accuracy, correctness and completeness; make adjustments as necessary
- Ensure accurate calculation and distribution of salaries and other benefits to employees
The ideal candidate will have experience in or professional knowledge of the following accounting areas:
- Real estate development including pre-development and construction in progress
- Property management, both commercial and residential
- Historic Tax Credits, both state and federal
- New Markets Tax Credits
- Managing books and records for multiple entities; consolidating financial records from multiple entities
- Audit preparation and facilitation. Tax credit cost certification experience is preferred
In addition to the accounting areas, we are seeking a Finance Manager with:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A proficiency in Quickbooks, Quickbooks Online, and Microsoft Office suite
- An orientation towards meeting goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and teamwork skills, and the ability to collaborate with different levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree or equivalent business experience
- Three plus years of relevant experience
- The Finance Manager’s starting date can be negotiated, but we prefer it to be before December 1, 2014.
GCE is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in our workplace. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of age, race, creed, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Categories: Company News